mIRC is a graphical standalone client for Windows which is very popular and Shareware licensed. The user may choose to pay for the program, but after the trial period ends the client doesn't lose any of its functionality. mIRC is often extended and enhanced using its built in scripting language MSL or using dlls.
mIRC has passed the 150 million download mark.
mIRC has its own scripting language called mIRC scripting language (or MSL) which can modify the client's appearance and also add new functionality.
mIRC 7 was released on July 30, 2010. The main goal of mIRC 7 was to convert mIRC to unicode, and doing so has taken almost two years, and has required tens of thousands of changes to over 150,000 lines of code.
mIRC 7.32 was released on May 23rd 2013.
mIRC 7.34 was released on June 18th 2014.
- Improved Windows 7 compatibility
- Faster text display/scrolling
- Automatic text color correction
- Support for italic text and other font styles
- Status window SSL connection icon
- IPv6 support
- Persistent channel history
- Digitally signed executables
- Automatic splitting of long channel/private messages
- Full screen display with F11 function key
- UPnP support
For a full feature list visit mIRCs change log
An "easter egg" is a hidden feature in a program which has been added in by the coders to serve absolutely no purpose other than to provide amusement. Such a feature has been included in all versions of mIRC that are currently available. To reveal the easter egg, in mIRC: Click Help -> About... and type in 'arnie' (without quotes). *cute* :D